Every child dreams about their future. Some of those dreams may require money to come true. How do you help your children achieve their dreams?
One way is to help them learn how to save their money.
In April, Superior Choice Credit Union is celebrating Youth Month, which is a program that helps teach and encourage kids to develop good financial habits.
The theme this year is “The Science of Saving,” showcasing fun, sci-fi-inspired characters. Science has proven that if you start with small goals, saving your money can become a regular habit. This year’s Youth Month inspires children to begin saving the money they earn so they can attain their dreams of a happy future.
Superior Choice Credit Union will celebrate Youth Month from April 2, 2018 through April 30, 2018 with the following activities and promotions:
- Stop by your nearest branch of SCCU to get a $5 coupon for opening a new youth savings account
- Kids age 10 and under can participate in the SCCU Youth Month coloring contest. Click here to download a printable PDF coloring page, or stop by your nearest branch of SCCU to pick up a coloring contest sheet.
- SCCU is offering $500 college/tech school scholarships to members who are graduating high school this spring. Click here for details and a printable application. Applications are due no later than Friday, April 27, 2018.
- Members will get a $15 Kwik Trip gift card for opening a Teen Checking account during the month of April1.
- Join us Friday, April 20 for a Youth Month open house at all SCCU branches. We’ll serve cookies and refreshments, handout Youth Month goodie bags for kids, and more.
1Membership eligibility required. Promotion available April 2-30, 2018 but is subject to change or discontinue at any time. Kwik Trip gift card will be mailed to new account holders in early May 2018. Account opening gift card APY = 0.00%. Bonus will be reported on IRS-1099 and member will be responsible for tax filing and reporting.