IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE FROM SUPERIOR CHOICE CREDIT UNION
As we learn more and more about the COVID-19 Coronavirus, Superior Choice Credit Union continues to prioritize the health and safety our members and staff during this outbreak. Below you can read information regarding ways SCCU is taking appropriate action to monitor the situation along with ways we are here to help.
LOBBY SERVICES REMAIN TEMPORARILY CLOSED.
As our communities continue to work together to slow the spread of COVID-19, our branch lobbies will remain temporarily closed and only provide drive-up services until further notice.
For members who are diagnosed with COVID-19 or exhibit symptoms, we are asking you to please refrain from visiting our branches to prevent infecting other members or staff.
Are you looking to social distance yourself from the public? Spend more time on your couch? At this time, we strongly encourage you to manage your money 24/7 from home. It’s quick, it’s easy and it’s accessible right at your fingertips. These options are especially important if you are conducting non-essential business. You can do this in the following ways:
- Manage your accounts: View your balances, transfer money between your SCCU or external bank accounts, view transactions, make loan payments, and more.
- Open deposit accounts: Click here to apply for and open additional deposit accounts in minutes when you are logged into online banking.
- Apply for a loan online: Click here to apply anytime for a mortgage, auto, or other consumer loan, and we can process most loans electronically.
- Deposit a Check: Download our mobile app at the Google Play store or on Apple itunes and take advantage of remote deposit to deposit a check on your phone.
CALL OUR CONTACT CENTER AT 800-569-4167 OR EMAIL [email protected] We are here to assist you in any way. Here are some tasks we can help with:
- Account information: We have Member Consultants available to answer all your questions regarding balances, recent transactions, online banking help/setup, and payment history. You can also make transfers between your SCCU accounts over the phone. At this time there will be no transfer fees assessed.
- Making a payment over the phone: You can use your debit card to make your loan payments over the phone. To help ease with the frustration of not being able to get to the branch, we will be waiving any fees associated with payments over the phone.
- Apply for a loan: You can speak to a Financial Special and apply for a loan all right over the phone. We can send you documentation to sign electronically.
- Debit cards: You can order a new debit card over the phone without coming in to sign paperwork. You may also call in to lower or raise your daily spending limits.
- Automatic payments (ACH): You may want to set your payments to come out of your account automatically to avoid contact. Our Contact Center can help set you up with automatic payments. We do also offer one time ACH payments.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO HELP YOU:
- Mailing in a deposit or payment: Please remember to always note your account number and what account you would like the money placed.
- Direct deposit: We are recommending our members to sign up for direct deposit. Our routing number is 291880916 and our contact center is available to help in any way.
- ATMS: Our ATMs will remain fully functional during this time. Remember that SCCU does participate with CO-OP ATMs. This gives you access to nearly 30,000 ATMs from coast to coast. Click here to visit the Shared Branching website.
- Request Cashback: (where allowed) you can request cash back via your debit card at point-of-sale.
WHAT IF I AM FACING FINANCIAL CHALLENGES AS A RESULT OF COVID-19?
We understand that COVID-19 (or life in general) may cause financial challenges. We’re here to help. Please contact us with any concerns so we can discuss ways to work through it together.
Protecting your private information is no joke and SCCU takes it very seriously. Unfortunately, some people at this time are taking advantage of the Coronavirus and trying to scam others. Be aware of the signs. Don’t click on suspicious links in emails and texts or provide personal information to a stranger over the phone. If you ever have any questions regarding scammers, call SCCU right away at 800-569-4167.
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
SCCU's goal is to keep our members and employees safe, while maintaining as normal as possible operations. We are proud to continue serving our members even during these challenging times. We will continue to monitor local COVID-19 risk and may release further updates as the situation unfolds. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in ensuring that our community is safe and healthy along with continuing to support your financial needs. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 800-569-4167.