Superior Choice Credit Union's Great Debt Pay Down program participants are making significant headway in paying off their debt. Here are a few stats as we recently hit the six-month mark of the year-long program:
• This year (2017) we had 25 participants, the most since the first year Great Debt Pay Down started.
• The participants started with a grand total of $391,243 unsecured debts – this does not include student loans.
• Six months into the program, the participants have paid down more than $31,400.
• Four participants have already completed the workshop requirements and just need to meet with a counselor in the fourth quarter to qualify for the grand prize.
• One participant has already paid down $5,000 in unsecured debt. And all credit scores have either stayed steady or have gone up.
• Counselors are expressing the participants’ and their own excitement around the debt that is being paid down and savings that is building.
Great job to all of our Great Debt Pay Down participants! Click here for more information about our partnership with LSS Financial Counseling and the Great Debt Pay Down program.
Though the registration period for the 2017 Great Debt Pay Down program has closed, SCCU members may still benefit from FREE financial counseling sessions due to SCCU's partnership with LSS Financial Counseling. Click here to learn more.