Dreaming of our ideal future delights and inspires us. Children, with their wild imaginations, are particularly good at dreaming. But to make dreams come true, you need to have clear goals and, very likely, save some money to make them happen. Superior Choice Credit Union can help you on both counts.
This April, we’re celebrating Youth Month, and the theme is “The Future is Yours: Picture it. Save for it. Share it.” We’re encouraging all members, particularly our youngest, to write down their dreams, create vision boards, and encourage each other. These activities will help lay the groundwork for their future success.
Putting your dreams and goals down on paper where you can see them every day actually helps you achieve them! Studies were conducted at Dominican University on the science of goal setting. The results revealed that writing down your goals on a regular basis makes you 42% more likely to achieve them than if you don’t record them. They determined that using your imagination (right/creative brain) and writing those plans down (left/logical brain) engages your whole brain, including your subconscious. This makes it easier for you to find and seize opportunities that will help you achieve your goals, as well as keep you motivated.
Young members who begin a habit of envisioning and recording their goals are more likely to achieve future goals as adults. We hope this year’s Youth Month theme will give our younger members the encouragement they need to start this habit.
Join us in celebrating Youth Month 2019! SCCU is pleased to offer these Youth Month activities during April 2019 for our youngest members:
- Youth Savings Account Special1: Open a new Youth Savings Account during the month of April and we'll cover the initial $5.00 membership savings deposit.
- Teen Checking Account Special2: Open a new Teen Checking Account during the month of April to receive a $15 Kwik Trip gift card! Click here to read more about Teen Checking.
- Savings goal coloring sheets for kids available at SCCU branches, or click here to print
- High school seniors are invited to apply for one of seven $500 SCCU scholarships. Click here for details and a printable application. Applications are due April 26, 2019.
- All branches will celebrate Youth Month with an open house on Friday, April 19. Stop by your nearest branch for a goodie bag for kids (available while supplies last), and to enter our savings package prize drawing for kids!
- Stay tuned to the SCCU blog for tips on teaching healthy financial habits to your kids and teens
- Join the SCCU school credit union! Click here for details.
- Learn more about what SCCU is doing to sponsor financial education in local schools. Click here to learn about our interactive Banzai education platform for classrooms.
1 Membership eligibility required. Must be under the age of 18 to open a Youth Savings Account. Promotion available April 1-30, 2019 but is subject to change or discontinue at any time. Bonus is deposited directly into new savings account. Account opening bonus Annual Percentage Yield = 0.00%.
2 Membership eligibility required. Promotion available April 1-30, 2019 but is subject to change or discontinue at any time. Gift card will be mailed to new account holders in early May 2019. Account opening gift card APY = 0.00%. Bonus will be reported on IRS-1099 and member will be responsible for tax filing and reporting. Cannot be combined with other offers.