Superior Choice Credit Union will be upgrading debit and HSA card processing in July 2019
We’re updating our debit card processing services to better serve your financial needs. As part of this process you may receive a new VISA card to replace your current Superior Choice Credit Union debit or health savings account (HSA) card. New debit and HSA debit cards will be arriving in your mailbox after July 8, 2019. This transition will affect debit and HSA cards starting with the digits 4600 07 or 4307 48.
Follow these instructions for a smooth transition
- Please activate your new card by calling the number shown on the face of the new card.
- You can activate and start using your new card as soon as you’d like.
- The last day to use your old card will be Tuesday, July 23, 2019. Your old card will no longer work after this date!
- Once you have activated your new card and ensured it is working by making a transaction, you may destroy your old card by cutting it up.
- If you have any pre-authorized or recurring debits (gym membership, insurance payments, subscription services, etc.), you will need to update those merchants with your new VISA card information.
- Your existing card alerts will not be converted. You will need to establish new alerts for your new card.
- Your existing PIN will not transfer to your new card. You must set a new PIN to be able to successfully withdraw cash from an ATM or make PIN-based transactions. You may set your PIN by calling the activation phone number 24/7 or by calling the credit union at 1-800-569-4167 during normal business hours. If you do not set a new PIN, your card will be blocked for security purposes after making three unsuccessful PIN-based transactions.
WHY ARE YOU SENDING OUT NEW DEBIT AND HSA CARDS?
We are in the process of switching our debit/HSA/ATM card processor in order to better poise the credit union for advanced security features and digital options in the future. Due to this technology change, cards that were issued on the old system will not work. We are sending new cards to a majority of our members in July 2019 to prepare for the change in processors.
WILL EVERYONE RECEIVE A NEW CARD?
Members with a debit card number that starts with the digits 4600 07 or a health savings account (HSA) card number that starts with the digits 4307 48 will receive a new debit or HAS card in the mail after July 8, 2019. If you have an SCCU debit card or a former Dairyland State Bank debit card that does NOT start with the digits 4600 07, your card will be reissued at a later date.
WHAT ABOUT MY ATM CARD?
At this time, your ATM card will continue to work as it has before. You will only receive a new ATM card if it expires or is reported lost or stolen.
WHAT ABOUT MY CREDIT CARD?
SCCU credit cards are not part of the July 2019 reissue project.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY NEW CARD?
If your card is a part of the July 2019 re-issue project (see the “Will everyone receive a new card?” question above), you should receive your new card after July 8, 2019. If you do not receive a new card prior to the July 24, 2019 deactivation date for old cards, please contact the credit union at 1-800-569-4167.
WILL MY CARD NUMBER BE THE SAME AS MY OLD CARD NUMBER?
No, you will have a new card number, expiration date, and CVV.
WILL I NEED TO SET UP A PIN FOR MY NEW DEBIT OR HSA CARD?
Yes, you will be able to set up a PIN when you activate your new card by following the instructions that will be included with your new card.
MY CARD DOESN’T EXPIRE FOR A LONG TIME, CAN I CONTINUE TO USE IT?
If you are reissued a new debit or HSA card, you will not be able to use your old card. We are switching to a new processing platform on July 24, 2019 and your old debit or HSA card will not work on the new platform.
WILL MY NEW CARD HAVE A DIFFERENT DESIGN?
Yes! We will have new debit, HSA, and ATM card designs that complement each other, but are clearly labeled with the card type.
WHEN DO I NEED TO ACTIVATE MY NEW CARD?
If you receive a new debit or HSA card, it should be activated as soon as possible. Once you have tested that your new card is working properly by making a successful transaction, you may destroy your old card by cutting it up. Your old SCCU debit or HSA card will not work as of July 24, 2019 so it is very important that you activate your new card. Your card will come with activation instructions.
WHAT IF I AM TRAVELING BETWEEN JULY 8 AND JULY 24 AND WON'T HAVE ACCESS TO MY MAIL?
If you anticipate being away from your home address between July 8 (when the new cards were mailed out) and July 24 (when current cards will stop working) be sure to travel with alternative payment options such as a checkbook, cash, or credit card. In addition, SCCU members have access to their accounts at thousands of credit unions nationwide thanks to our Shared Branching network. Click here to learn more about shared branching.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I DON’T ACTIVATE MY NEW CARD?
If you don’t activate your new card prior to the July 24, 2019 conversion date, you will not have access to your checking or HSA account with your old card. Any recurring payments scheduled for July 24, 2019 or afterward will not be processed without updating merchants with your new card information.
WHO SHOULD I CALL FOR AFTER-HOURS SUPPORT FOR MY NEW DEBIT OR HSA CARD?
The new after-hours support number will be 866-553-2917. During business hours, please call us at 800-569-4167 or stop by your nearest branch of SCCU.