In an ongoing demonstration of the credit union philosophy “people helping people,” Superior Choice Credit Union supports charitable organizations in the communities where our members work and live. SCCU receives many solicitations for donations, volunteer support, and community sponsorships. The following provides a guideline for how requests are processed. Because of the high volume of requests we receive, these guidelines help assure that SCCU’s charitable, financial resources are used in a way that best serves the majority of our membership. These guidelines will not cover every possible request, special need or opportunity; therefore, SCCU may make exceptions in granting contributions or community sponsorships. All contribution requests are subject to committee review to determine whether support will be available for your request.
SCCU makes contributions to non-profit organizations that serve the communities in which the majority of our members and potential members work or live. In general, support is given to organizations which provide for the health, education (including education regarding art and cultures) and welfare needs of our members and potential members.
SCCU considers sponsorship only to those civic, recreational or charity events, programs, and directories located within our member service area. By sponsorship, SCCU will in turn be guaranteed published advertising or public name recognition from the organization or group requesting sponsorship.
• All requests for sponsorship, donations, etc. must be made by completing our Donation Request Form. Phone calls, emails, mailed information, in-person requests, etc. must be followed up with an official request via completed form.
• Consideration for sponsorship will be based on funds available.
• Requests from SCCU members will be given priority over requests by nonmembers.
• Requests from nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations will be given priority over other requests.
• SCCU may make donations of money, property, or services.
• Contribution decisions are made on a monthly basis, and SCCU requires a minimum 45-day notice for donation requests.
• Submitting an application does not guarantee a donation, nor does prior donation commitments made by SCCU.
The following requests will not be considered:
• SCCU will not contribute to religious organizations because of the spiritual diversity of our membership.
• SCCU will not contribute to organizations or causes that do not impact the SCCU service area.
• Donation requests to benefit an individual’s cause or a single family’s cause are not eligible. Examples are individual sponsorships for trips, beauty pageants, sports or political programs, walk-a-thons, benefits, and fundraisers.
Donation Request Form
Please complete the donation request form to the best of your ability. Click here for a PDF donation form donation form or visit your nearest branch for information.