The Superior Choice Smart Option Student Loan by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans. To learn more or to apply, please get started here.
The Smart Option Student Loan* features and benefits:
- We offer a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing even more choice and flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Borrow up to 100% of school-certified education costs (minimum $1,000)
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- Get a quick credit result by applying online. It’s quick, easy, and only takes about 15 minutes to apply.
- 24/7 online account management
* We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.
|Sallie Mae’s 1-2-3 Approach to Paying for College|
Sallie Mae’s 1-2-3 Approach to Paying for CollegeSM,
This method encourages students and families to tap the most affordable education funds first and minimize education loan debt upon graduation.
Step 1. Use Free Money First.
Students and parents should fill out the FAFSA at FAFSA.ed.gov to access need-based grants and then research and apply for scholarships. Students should consider supplementing grants and scholarships with current income and college savings.
Step 2. Explore Federal Loans.
Federal loans — some available regardless of need - offer students and parents low, fixed interest rates and flexible repayment options.
Step 3. Fill Any Gap with Private Student Loans.
After students have pursued free money and federal loans, private student loans may be available to cover the rest of their education costs.